Note: Applicants who reside within a 50 km radius of work location are preferred
The successful candidate will
• Collect, sort, and deliver mail items
• Operate portable communication devices
• Load/unload a Postal Vehicle
• Collect money for C.O.D. and signatures for registered mail items
• Complete reports and documentation
• Communicate with customers and the general public
• Present Canada Post in a professional manner
• Maintain and safe guard all mail items and Canada Post property
• Operate a Canada Post Vehicle
• Maintain a satisfactory safe driving record and the appropriate class of provincial driver’s license
• Lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kilograms (50 pounds) and carry mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 pounds)
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
• Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver’s license.
• For the past 3 years held a satisfactory safe driving record (Driver’s abstract)
• Experience in customer service is an asset
• Experience in a delivery and/or driving role is an asset
APPLYING AT CANADA POST – IMPORTANT MESSAGE
Candidate must clearly demonstrate IN THEIR COVER LETTER/RESUME how they meet the education and experience requirements listed in this job advertisement.
Please be aware that if selected you will be required to provide the following documents:
• A current driver’s abstract (dated within the last 30 days)
• A character reference letter from someone who has known you for the past 2 years or more (no family members)
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
You will be required to pass pre-employment tests, an interview, and a Pre-Employment Physical Assessment.
Canada Post offers
• Competitive pay
• A strong community of employees: Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
• The satisfaction of a job well done: You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.